Preparation of your bounty and ensuring that your game was field dressed and processed properly and promptly is essential for great tasting Venison.
Crock Pot Venison
What you will need:
- Any sized Crock-pot based on the size portion you will be cooking for.
- Venison Chops or Roast
- Vegetables (Small bag of red potatoes, small bag of carrots, 1 package of baby portabella or white mushrooms. You can use whatever vegetables you prefer. Mix it up a bit. Try using celery and your favorite peppers and onions. Don’t go overboard on ingredients unless you are using a large slow cooker.
- 1- 2 cups Beef broth and/or Cream of Mushroom soup.
- Lots and lots of spices! (Mediterranean sea salt, cracked pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, fresh garlic cloves and steak seasoning or any of your personal favorites)
- Cube Venison Chops or Roast (place in slow cooker)
- Chop vegetables and mushrooms into bite sized pieces and toss them in with the Venison
- Season meat and vegetables generously. Always important not to salt too much but don’t be afraid to use seasonings that are not high in salt content.
- Pour beef broth and/or cream of mushroom soup over the meat and seasonings. Stir the contents of the crock pot really well. You may only need 1-2 cups of broth or 1-2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup depending on how many servings you are making. (Remember this is not a soup recipe so don’t over do the liquid to meat/vegetable ratio.)
Once all of your ingredients are in and stirred, place the lid on your Crock-pot and turn on High for 4-5 hours depending on how well done you prefer your meats to be cooked.